Understanding cookies when using our website
- This forms part of the contract that make up our website Terms and Conditions – please read
- Our cookies policy may change at any time, so please check back regularly
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers, which is ‘saved’ by a website directly to your computer or mobile device. This is used to record specific pieces of information. Cookies often include an anonymised unique identifier. Without revealing your personal information, data is distinguished as coming from a separate place to other data. When you visit a website, it asks permission to store a cookie in the cookies section of your hard drive. Please be aware restricting cookies on the Kirintec website may have an impact on the functionality of our website.
Widely used on the internet, cookies help make websites work:
This is so websites function more efficiently, or to provide information about your site usage (to the site owner or other third parties). For example:
- When adding items to a ‘shopping basket’, a cookie allows the website to remember items bought
- Or, if you log in to a website, a cookie may recognise you later on, so you don’t have to put in your password again.
- To improve the way our website works
- Review our site functionality via third-party cookies* set by Google Analytics
- Improve our online marketing, using Cookies built by Facebook and by Google AdWords
- Session cookies: stored on a particular website, but only for the visit duration
- Persistent cookies: may be stored in the ‘cookie file’ of your browser for longer periods of time. They may not necessarily disappear straight away. Instead, you may need to clear your browser’s cache manually, depending on the lifetime of the specific cookie
- Third-party cookies: associated with a different domain or website than the one visited. On this site, we use third-party cookies built by Google to enable website analytics. However, as our site is not on the Google domain, this makes theirs an example of third-party cookies.
The Google Analytics cookie will recognise and count the number of people who visit our site, It also provides other information such as:
- how long visitors stay
- where they move to on our site
- and what pages receive the most visits
We cannot directly control Google cookie behaviour. This is because it is a third party cookie (see above).
Information retrieved will be delivered to a Google Analytics account (another website), not to ours. However, we are specifically required to provide you with the following information reagarding Google Analytics:
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” or text files placed on your computer, they help a website analyse how users use the site
- Information generated by the cookie about using out website (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage
- In turn, Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- Importantly Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google
- By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Using cookies for advertising
Cookies can make advertising more effective.
They help us reach our target audience and understand how well our campaigns are working. Cookies can also prevent you from seeing the same advert over and over again. This is important to our users as it improves browsing the web experiences. We do not currently use these cookies to market Kirintec.
For further reading about cookies usage, your rights, and how to control or delete cookies, we have collected the following resources: