Whilst there is no definitive guide, we help you select the right jammer, according to your specific needs.
If we were choosing a jammer for our own use, then these are four key questions we would want answered, before making any investment in a purchase in finding the right jammer too.
1) Who needs protecting?
For example – a VIP, attendees at an event, a moving convoy, foot patrol or bomb technician.
2) What do I understand about the threat at large?
- Insurgents tend to use techniques others found effective
- RCIEDs tend to be mass produced and linked to certain groups
Such information will help outline the main threat(s) faced. This allows a modern jammer to be specified, it can subsequently be programmed with the right signal sources, amplifiers, antennas and fill profile.
3) Can deployment options be defined?
- Is the jammer to be static or moving at speed?
- Is the operating area urban, mountainous, jungle or open terrain?
- Are there power, weight, range or installation restrictions?
- Does the jammer need to be covert?
- Is it essential to maintain communications while under active cover?
4) Is there flexibility with a dynamic response and future proofing?
- If the insurgent is active with research and development, then their ability to switch from one type of RCIED (Remote Controlled Improvised Explosive Device) to another must be considered. Any jammer provider must be able to offer a quick ‘fill’ response to any new threat seen by the user.
- Although a properly developed ‘fill’ will cover most new threats, if a jammer is likely to be used for numerous different purposes and in different regions, having a modular system will future-proof the system.
If you’ve got any questions, please get in touch we are happy to help.