We are on the look-out for a self-motivated Sales Manager / Director. You will be based in Ross-on-Wye HQ, with some travel.
Scope & Purpose
We design and market leading edge Electronic Countermeasures (ECM). Our customers include the Military and civil defence forces around the world.
The purpose of this key role is to coordinate and have overall control over the Kirintec U.K. and international sales effort. It will be your duty as Sales Manager / Director to ensure leads are followed up appropriately. Ultimately successfully closed by the sales force. The close management of the regional Sales Directors and Kirintec’s range of official Agents is key to the success of the position.
The role requires an experienced manager with:
- appropriate domain experience
- someone who is prepared to oversee contracts
- prepared to do the detail, to see the sale through to fruition.
Although education to Bachelors or Masters Degrees and / or advanced professional certifications in the sales field would be attractive, an extensive successful background and wealth of experience in successful sales and sales team management is the only firm prerequisite for this job.
The Sales Manager / Director shall report to the Deputy Managing Director
Details of Tasks and Objectives
- Seek out major clients via direct and indirect opportunities; forming close working relationships with Agents and end users within the Counter Terrorism and Special Operations space
- Oversee and manage the Kirintec Sales Force and Regional Sales Directors, whilst forming and managing a clear International sales strategy
- Identifying valuable emerging and parallel markets
- Providing a weekly brief to the Deputy Managing Director on the current state of sales
- Working closely with the Deputy Managing Director on programme level opportunities, where the Deputy Managing Director is lead
- Accurately forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace, utilising company recording and analysis tools
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows and expositions
- Maximising company profit on every sale
- Foreseeing and avoiding stagnation in the marketplace
- Forming sales strategies to keep the company competitive and innovative.
Qualities and Experience
The appointed Sales Manager / Director candidate will be:
- committed to continuously educating themselves by attending professional workshops, industry events, certification courses and reviewing professional publications
- able to showcase excellent people skills and illustrate a strong business sense
- able to clearly understand the marketplace they work in – and the market forces which exist within it
- an expert in their industry who understands what drives demand in this market
- confident working with numbers, excel and pricing mechanisms as well as foreign currency markets
- an expert negotiator
- capable of being an excellent mentor and coach
- able to effectively and proactively discipline employees when they fail in their duties
- capable of handling stress well
- able to travel on a regular basis (including international travel)
- ideally holding SC level Clearance – or higher.
- Salary – negotiable
- Sales commission – negotiable
- Company Contributed Pension Scheme
- Hours – 37.5 per week (nominal)
- Location – Based in Ross-On-Wye, with some travel.
- Duration – 1 year with review. Potential to extended to full time thereafter.
- Holiday – 25 days per year.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter.
Please also use this email if you would like to direct any queries.
SORRY – NO AGENCIES